Friday, June 22, 2007

A Hiatus

I'm going to be offline for a couple days; this is something I usually put in an email to the Secret Service agents who read all of my emails to the Chimp. Don't want them thinking I snapped when I'm actually looking at birds somewhere.

I'm leaving this evening via Minneapolis to Milwaukee in the great incomparable Cheesehead state of my birth, Wisconsin. Tomorrow I'll be a couple hours north of Milwaukee (pronounced "mah-WAU-KEY" in native Cheesehead), to try to find one of the several Kirtland's Warblers that have been found nesting for the first time ever in Wisconsin. This endangered species normailly nests only in six counties in northern lower Michigan, so having them nest in Wisconsin is a major happening.

From Wisconsin I'm headed to the Florida Keys to interview for a job to keep me gainfully employed after I retire on or about August 20 this year from the spineless Federal agency that currently employs me.

I wont be back until late on Wednesday night so when you aren't seeing any rantings from me it's not that my heart has given out and my ashes are being spread over the Amazon. I'm just taking a break from the insanity of the Bush Cabal and enjoying greener pastures for a few days.

No comments: