Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Letter to the Editor - Washington Post


(click on my post title for the Washington Post article)
Dear Washington Post Editor

In today's Washington Post, Dana Milbank asks this quesiton about Al Gore "Is it wise to be so smart?" http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/29/AR2007052902038.html?sub=AR

After the last six years the answer is a resounding "yes." Hopefully we the people learned that having someone as your leader who is portrayed as "a guy you could have a beer with" isn't wise.

I want my next President to be smart enough not to deceive the nation into an intractible war. I want my next President to be someone who won't strut around saying he's going to "smoke em out and get em" and then six months later says, about the same criminal, "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

I want for my next President someone who is smart enough not to play frat boy tricks on the leader of another nation (Germany) and wise enough to cultivate long term positive relationships with other nations. Mostly I want someone who is wise enough to admit when he has made a mistake and smart enough to seek a different course.

Yes, Mr Milbank, it is wise to be so smart. And the last 6 years have taught we the people to be a lot smarter about who we choose to be our leader. He spoke last night at the Lisner Auditorium at George Washington University.

No comments: