Sunday, August 19, 2007

John McCain's Bullshit Express Officially Derailed


Senator John "Straight Talk" McCain has been one of the strongest and most loyal supporters of Bush's folly in Iraqnam since before it began. He figured long ago that if he kissed Bush's ass and said what Bush said he would walk into the White House in 2008. Well check out this delusional story from Think Progress:

Then check out this short synopsis of all the "criticism" McCain has heaped on the failure that is the Iraqnam war.

“But I believe, Katie, that the Iraqi people will greet us as liberators.” [NBC, 3/20/03]

“It’s clear that the end is very much in sight.” [ABC, 4/9/03]

“There’s not a history of clashes that are violent between Sunnis and Shiahs. So I think they can probably get along.” [MSNBC, 4/23/03]

“This is a mission accomplished. They know how much influence Saddam Hussein had on the Iraqi people, how much more difficult it made to get their cooperation.” [This Week, ABC, 12/14/03]

“I’m confident we’re on the right course.” [ABC News, 3/7/04]

“I think the initial phases of it were so spectacularly successful that it took us all by surprise.” [CBS, 10/31/04]

“I do think that progress is being made in a lot of Iraq. Overall, I think a year from now, we will have made a fair amount of progress if we stay the course. If I thought we weren’t making progress, I’d be despondent.” [The Hill, 12/8/05]
Who does this idiot think he's going to kid?? Well, I know, other than viewers of the Fox Opinion Network.

No comments: