Tuesday, September 18, 2007

US Prosecutor Arrested Seeking Sex With 5 Year Old


DETROIT (AP) - An assistant U.S. attorney from Florida was arrested in an Internet sting operation after flying to Michigan to have sex with a 5-year-old girl, authorities said Monday.

John D.R. Atchison, 53, was arrested Sunday at Detroit Metropolitan Airport after several weeks of Internet conversations between the prosecutor and a detective posing as the mother of a 5-year-old girl, authorities say.

"There wasn't much reaction from him at all," Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said. Atchison was cooperative with authorities, he said.

He was charged with using interstate communication to entice a minor to have sexual
contact and traveling across state lines with the intent of engaging in illicit sexual contact. If convicted of both charges, he faces up to 40 years in prison.
According to court records, Atchison initiated an online chat Aug. 29 with an undercover officer posing as a mother interested in letting men have sex with her daughter.

At one point, Atchison said: "I'm always gentle and loving; not to worry; no damage ever; no rough stuff ever ever," according to an affidavit filed in court.
Atchison, of Gulf Breeze, Fla., is a prosecutor for the U.S. attorney's office for northern Florida, based in Tallahassee. He requested a court-appointed lawyer at his hearing Monday.
In response to this story, I sent the following email to the US Attorney's Office in Tallahassee asking for some clarification:

Dear US Attorney's Office, Tallahassee

Hello. I saw this story today from the Associated Press regarding a prosecutor in your office and had to ask if Mr Atchison is, as I suspect, a Republican. It seems that members of the party of family values just cant behave sexually any more (former Congressman Mark Foley, and the former head of the Young Republicans come to mind immediately), so I wondered. I'd love to put some information about this despicable act of a public servant on my blog, but need to know his political affiliation first.

Any insights you care to provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I just heard back from an attorney in that office who told me that its "not the policy of this office" to discuss the political belief's of its employees.

Having worked for the Federal government for now more than 30 years, that can be translated to mean "Yes, he's a Repignican but we are loyal Bushies and won't out him."

Wake up Sheeple.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for information about this latest pervert. I was trying to determine his party. I was guessing it is the same old OLD story: GOP (Grand Old Pervert as one of my friends says).

I read the "Skewering the Chimp" header and I finally have the laughter under control. The like the scalia and the supremes part. I am glad other people understand the US does not have an elected president. Commander-in-Thief? It is causing me to consider starting my own blog as I try to write my book.