Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Meet America's REAL Mayor

Dear Mayor Anderson

I hope by now you have received several thousand emals from those of us who were at the Pentagon on Saturday and heard you speak the truth, from your gut and your heart, about the illegal, immoral war we have been thrust into

I know it doesn't mean much but I wanted to add my thanks also. You are a true inspiration.

In a photo essay from the march one diarist asked this question about you in the caption by your picture. " Rocky Anderson, the Mayor of Salt Lake City. I'm not sure how a politician from the redest of red states is unafraid to speak in front of an "Answer" sign when his counterparts in Manhattan, Berkeley or Cambridge wouldn't. "
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/3/10/10441/5026

That is a question we all need to ask and have answered. Its my sincerest hope that you decide to run for Senate from Utah at the first available opportunity. We NEED your passion in Congress. We need your guts in the Congress. I hope you will consider making that move as soon as possible.

Rudy Gulliani is called "America's Mayor" because he parrots every talking point the Republic Party spews out. If anyone is America's Mayor, its you, Rocky, because you speak for what American's believe.

Good luck, and dont ever lose your 60's era passion.

No comments: