Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Congressman Don Young Under Criminal Investigation!!!!



Christ...it took them long enough.
I remember the first time I ever saw Don Young. I was in the Kodiak Alaska airport waiting for a flight and admiring the humongous stuffed Kodiak Grizzly bear that was in the airport. I turned around to talk to someone and when I looked back at the bear, Don Young was standing next to it. I had a difficult time determining which was animate and which was inanimate.

When ABC News did a story about former Fish and Wildlife Service Director Mollie Beattie dying from cancer, Don Young was one of the people they interviewed for the story (he was chair of the House Resources Committee then). Asked for a comment, Young said he didn't understand why "god" always took "the good ones" and left "the bad ones" behind. I immediately wrote Young a letter and asked if he was referring to himself in that piece. He never wrote back.

No comments: