Sunday, January 6, 2008

George McGovern Wants Bush Impeached


As we enter the eighth year of the Bush-Cheney administration, I have belatedly and painfully concluded that the only honorable course for me is to urge the impeachment of the president and the vice president.
This is great news and an important development. When I met George McGovern in the Minneapolis airport in June he wasn't too keen on impeaching Chimpy or Grumpy; something has changed since then.

As good as McGovern's comments are there is just one slight sticking problem.

More than half of the population of the United States wasn't even born in 1972 when George ran for President (and when I cast my first ever vote in an election - and it was for him). I'm sure the 20 something crowd (assuming they can read) is reading this story by McGovern and wondering "WTF does this great grandpa know about anything?" For the majority of American's they are right. For the rest of us its just another nail in the coffin of the Repignofascist Party and their ideology.

George McGovern is a man with a wide ranging influence in the world community. Just look at his resume if you don't believe me. Its ultra significant that someone of his stature comes out wanting Chimpy and Grumpy impeached.

But when it gets right down to it, people are going to say "did Britney get out of the hospital yet?"

Wake up sheeple.

No comments: