Friday, June 22, 2007

A Festival I'm Certain to Avoid


Mount Sterling Illinois Enjoys its Annual "Testicle Festival!"

June 21, 2007 02:31 PM EDT

(NBC) - For the fourth year in a row, the month of June has taken on a new meaning in the small town of Mount Sterling, Illinois.

That's right, it's testicle time.

Proceeds from this year's Testicle Festival were donated to the town's new community emergency building, for volunteer firefighters and rescue workers.


ENJOYS??? This story said the entire town ENJOYS a testicle festival? What is this? Mount Sterling is populated now with a horde of no-longer-aggressive eunuchs?

You don't need to remind me to avoid this place. Jesus.

(Special thanks to Suzy Smythe up in the Berkshires of western Massachusetts for sending this less than cheerful news story! Remind me to wear a baseball catcher's cup whenever I go to Illinois)

2 comments:

ImGoing said...

I am from IL and I have never heard of anything like that!!
I am going to contend that the chicagoland area is a taaaad different then those crazzy southern IL-ers

Anonymous said...

funny, you'd think this would go over bigger in bumfuck arkansas or no where texas. LOL

"swim away .. swim away"
finding Nemo