Saturday, June 16, 2007

Holy Joe LIEbermans Latest Idiotic Remark


(From DailyKos)

My Left Nutmeg captures the latest pukeworthy drivel from Lieberman:
Here's Joe on the Ray and Diane show from yesterday morning (mp3), in just his latest attack on Democrats - and Harry Reid in particular:

Q. There was a big flap yesterday about some comments made by Harry Reid concerning Gen. Petraeus, and the outgoing Peter Pace, saying they were incompetent, basically. Is that useful, and do you know that to be true or not... It's generally being reported in a lot of places.

LIEBERMAN: I don't know what Harry Reid is up to. I was very upset, even offended, by what he said about General Pace and General Petraeus. Look, you call General Pace incompetent? That's abs - this is a man who has devoted his entire life to the Marine corps, the service of our country, defense of our country.

Q. Why is he doing this? Why is Reid doing this?

LIEBERMAN: I have no idea. Then to say that Petraeus is out of touch? I mean, Harry Reid in Washington says David Petraeus, who's in Baghdad, away from his family, heroically trying to rally our forces and succeed over in Iraq... that he's out of touch? I mean, it's just - the danger here - my colleagues who have been opposed to the war have said "we're opposed to the war, but we support our troops." But when you start to attack the top two generals, you know, that's... that's wrong. I hope he apologizes, I just hope he misstated...

So now the generals are "troops," too. Poor grunt bastards.

Look, I'm not military, but don't the generals get the big bucks (in relative terms) and the brass trappings in exchange for taking the political heat?

Have we really reached the point where criticizing generals -- the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, no less -- is not "supporting the troops?" Give me a break, Joe. You ought to be ashamed of yourself for pulling that kind of crap. Doubly so because you won't recognize it.

Say what you will about Pace or Petraeus, neither of them would be so small as to hide beneath the "support the troops" blanket. They're brass, and they take their medicine like grown-ups.
Disgraceful.

No comments: