Saturday, June 30, 2007

SiCKO - Pay It Forward Redux



My good friend JD at Inyourfaceradio.net left a comment on my earlier post regarding Paying Forward on the movie Sicko. I'm moving her comment up here where more people can be sure to see it.

To counter the right's all out assault on SICKO, the staff at InYourFaceRadio.net are each setting out to buy not one ticket -but 2. The second ticket goes to anyone who hasn't seen SICKO, but wishes to. The catch is, after watching SICKO and if they liked the movie, or if Mike's message in SICKO, moved them in some way, the recipiant of my free ticket must buy 1 ticket and give that one away ... and so on.

Just another way to let big insurance know we're out to educate the least intelligent among us.

JD


I'm going this afternoon to Regal Cinema 12 in the Ballston mall to purchase a ticket for the one person in my office who is a flaming Repugnican and who will not watch SiCKO because "that person Michael Moore is in it." I'll give the ticket to her with the same provisions that JD outlines above.

Sounds like a damned good thing to do in your area also.

Just after Fahrenheit 911 came out that sorry excuse for a human, Laura Bush, said "of course I've not seen it" when asked if she and Dubya had watched Fahrenheit 911. Hearing this I ordered a copy of the F911 CD and had it delivered to George and Laura at the White House. Then when Neil Young's CD Living With War came out, I anticipated correctly that Bush wouldn't buy it so I bought a second copy and mailed it personally to Bush.

Last year the Dixie Chicks incomprable CD "Takin the Long Way" containing the wonderful protest song (and up your ass, Bush, song) I'm Not Ready to Make Nice and I dutifully purchased a second copy and mailed it to Bush.

With SiCKO, however, sending a ticket to Bush or a copy of the CD to Bush will make no difference. He has received more than $1 MILLION in contributions from Health Insurance and Big Pharma so he's not going to be swayed. But your Congressman might have a scintilla of intelligence and could possibly get the message.

So after Paying Forward for tickets to SiCKO I think we should all wait for the CD to the movie to come out. Then purchase an extra copy for your member of Congress and if you have real Neanderthal Senators (I'm talking Norm Coleman, John Kyl, James Inhofe and other lower life forms) send them a copy of the CD and ask some pointed questions of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's how it's done!! Way to go!!